Less than a week to go now, in fact only 3 more days! I’m planning to do more regular updates once
my year actually kicks off. I’ll be
writing about the events before and after they happen, sharing my thoughts and
feelings before I do some of the more challenging items on the list, letting
you know how they went and what actually happened and then how I’m feeling
afterwards as I cross things off the list.
I’m sure that there will be a lot of mixed pleasures along the way and
by this time next year I’ll be feeling quite emotional as I approach the end of
my list of fifty. I’m confident there
will be loads of memories to share and treasure, plenty to feel proud of and
probably also some that bring back feelings of panic!
This week I’ve made initial
enquiries about skydiving – when’s the best time, how far in advance I need to
book, what happens if the weather isn’t obliging and so on. I’m aiming for July or August for that one,
but first I have to pass the medical and get a ‘fit to fly’ certificate from my
GP. Hopefully I’ll pass and get the go
ahead.
Ten days ago my eldest daughter got
married and despite the weather it was a fabulous day. I was honoured to be the one who walked her
down the aisle to give her away and slightly nervous about doing the parent of
the bride speech, but everything went to plan.
I didn’t trip or swear as we made our way from the church doorway to the
altar and everyone laughed in all the right places during my speech. I just can’t help feeling it’s a tiny bit of
a shame that this momentous occasion didn’t take place after April 6th
though, because that could have been two things crossed off my list. Still I can’t hold it against my daughter and
her new husband – the date was chosen long before my enterprise had been
thought of.
I’m looking forward to sharing my
experiences with you and I promise not to miss out any embarrassing bits I’d
rather forget – you’ll get the whole deal, all the highs and lows of what will
hopefully be a memorable year for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment