Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

A brief update to lead up to something a bit more substantial at the weekend.  I'm still trying to get a celebrity to reply to a tweet or at least retweet me, so far no luck.  Fancy being let down by Zach Braff (my nearly birthday buddy!), Donald Faison and Johnny Depp (might try him again when it's his fiftieth next month and suggest he joins my bandwagon) - life just ain't fair!  Tonight then it was the turn of Graham Norton, perhaps not quite as ambitious and therefore hopefully a more realistic chance - he seems to have retweeted other mere mortals and I'm not so different, so you never know.

I've also been tracking down places in the local area where I can eat snails and oysters, although not together, so look out for one of the two coming up shortly.  Let's just hope that's not a literal event, I fully intend keeping them down, after all neither can be as bad as kangaroo testicles, crocodile penis or other such delicacies as offered by Ant and Dec!  Hmm, now maybe I should try tweeting them?

Arrangements are also firming up for the skydiving event.  I have a provisional date outlined, the basic web page for donations organised and now just need to pay my deposit and make the booking - roll on pay day and then watch this space for details.

Seven of the eight sunflower seeds I planted have germinated.  Tiny though they still are, I hate them - sorry, but they're just not growing on me yet (totally intentional but poor pun!).  Unfortunately I still have plenty of seeds left for a second batch ... and a third ... and a fourth.  Just how many do I have to grow to full maturity in order to count this as a fifty first?  Surely one's enough?

So hopefully this will keep you going until the weekend, when I can update you with some proper news.  TTFN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment