No backing out now, I've paid my deposit of £100 and booked my skydiving adventure for Friday 19th July 2013 at Headcorn Aerodrome, here in Kent. I am so excited about it. I didn't really anticipate feeling like this. I thought it would be a case of 'OK, that's the skydiving sorted, what shall I do while I'm waiting for the date to come around?' but no, I feel like a child in the last few days before Christmas. No other word for it, just excited. I've also got my fundraising page set up, so please, if you're able to, give generously. I'm raising money for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity and I can't think of a worthier cause. Every penny I raise really will make a difference.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AlisonForsyth1
I have 55 days to try and raise as much as possible and in the meantime I'll have plenty to keep me occupied. For starters I'll have to get in the skydiving zone by getting in some practice. This will involve lying face down, spread-eagled on the bed, adopting the free fall position for several minutes at a time, whilst wearing 'flying suit' pyjamas, swimming goggles and a small backpack. Then there will be numerous repetitions of jumping off a chair whilst adopting the 'holding on to the parachute' position simulated by holding the straps of the backpack I had donned earlier for the free-bed-fall. Once I can cope with the height of the dining chair I may progress to a step ladder, although I believe current UK health and safety legislation says I need a certificate to be able to use one of those and I'm not sure if my medical certificate for certified nutters who want to skydive counts.
Oh and I'll also have to keep watering those darned sunflowers!
No comments:
Post a Comment