A bit of a quiet week for the fifty firsts this week. It's been more about the planning of things to do than anything else.
So what have I been up to? Well, I've made sure my sunflowers got watered daily but there's no sign of life stirring in the soil as yet. Hopefully there'll be something to report next week and a chance to upload a photo of green shoots to Facebook and Twitter by next weekend.
I've also deposited my medical certificate for the skydiving with my GP and got a call back today to say it's ready for collection, so hopefully that means there is a signature attached and I can go ahead and book the event. There's only one minor contraindication in my medical history - several bouts of glue ear and grommets in my left ear over the last twelve years. Obviously the change in air pressure at altitude is likely to affect my ear, but as I'm currently waiting to go for my next biannual visit to the ENT surgeon, I can't see that it would make much difference - I'm already deaf right now and who knows, it might actually do me some good! Anyway, I pick the certificate up next week and then it's just a case of booking the date and raising some sponsorship.
I sent my first tweet to an actual person this week, so I suppose that counts as a fifty first. I singled out Zach Braff for the privilege, but the downside is that despite asking him for suggestions of things to do, I didn't get a reply or a retweet. I was hoping for one or the other in order to make it a good addition to the list. So do I count it anyway or do I persevere and only count it when someone of celebrity status replies or retweets? Perhaps I could make it into a bit of a contest and get a few A listers to go up against each other to be the first to tweet Alison's Fifty Firsts!
Sorry, just a short post this time. I'll have more to report next time, promise. Now about that celebrity tweeting, maybe @donald_faison would be worth a try, particularly if he can get one over on @zachbraff ... I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment